There is nothing more like eating a delicious and healthy breakfast. It’s one of the most important meal of the day, I like to kick start my day with nutritious healthy food.
This weekend has been a snowy weekend, how cozy it is staying indoors and watching the snow fall whilst having healthy breakfast and a warm cup of coffee. Tomorrow is a valentine day and it could be a decent breakfast to prepare for the love of your life. Isn’t`? No..No..I am not saying this could only be eaten on Valentine’s Day. Think about it not a bad idea?? Isn’t?
It is super quick breakfast to bring it on the table just need 5-10 minutes preparation time a night before. I have been making it for quite some time now; it has been a hit in my house, my kid’s loves to eat it.I love strawberries and this recipe was created by me in summer time ,this time I believed it could be shared on splashofflavours…Hope you would like to give it a try.
- 150 gm fresh / frozen strawberries
- 150 ml coconut milk
- Handful of almonds
- 1 cup - oats
- 3 tablespoons - Maple syrup for setting this is for overnight step
- 2- 3 tablespoons - use before serving mentioned below, this step is before serving
- 1 tablespoon - Vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon - Flex seeds
- 2 tablespoon - Chia seeds
- Handful -Desiccated coconut
- Handful - Unsalted pistachio
- 3-4 Fresh strawberries for garnishing
- Crushed chocolate - optional
Blend coconut milk ,strawberries ,almond together. Pour it in a bowl.
Add oats ,maple syrup , vanilla essence,flex seeds ,chia seeds, mix all well together
Keep it overnight in the refrigerator for setting
Next morning before serving. Pour it in your favorite bowl and add 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup in each bowl/jar (use before serving as mentioned above) at the bottom and add the ready mixture , now top it up with few drops of maple syrup.
Garnish it with pistachio, desiccated coconut and fresh strawberries and chocolate
Pistachio and cocunut could be added more later while eating